You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
Just spotted this on Arnies Airsoft forum - http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/41763

Will do some digging tomorrow as its phenominal customer service if its true - anybody else got any gossip on this???

cheers

Last edited by Sunray on Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

View user profile

2 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm

MrCK

Admin
Admin
Get with the times, its old news!

Its indeed true, anyone who has already sent back their warranty form will get a replacement sun gear.

Check http://forums.Zeroin.co.uk for more info.

CK

View user profile http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

3 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
Had a look and cant see anything Sad

Post more info if you have it CK - need to know as got a 416 and I like the idea of free stuff......

View user profile

4 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Sun May 13, 2012 6:29 pm

MrCK

Admin
Admin
Madwelshman will be able to tell you more.

The long and short of it, everyone who has sent in their filled in warranty card will be given a free replacement sun gear.

STTS decided the standard CTW sun gear was not as good as required, much like the air nozzle that they replaced on all UK spec ones. Only difference here is they realized too late.

It's great customer service.

(Almost) all the information I know is in this thread: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?157662-Celcius-CTW-Team-Alpha

There is also a hop unit 'upgrade' on the horizon, but I don't want to steal Madwelshmans thunder, I believe he mentions it on the zeroin thread.

5 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 7:02 am

happyal

Private
Private
Are they replacing the standard Sun Gear with a FCC one?

View user profile

6 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 am

MrCK

Admin
Admin
Yup. For people who sent back their warranty cards Smile

7 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal
Both my CTW's are @ BadgerTac having the gears replaced now & that is what i was told, that there will be a "recall" for everyone that sent in their warranty cards Smile

Last edited by Fubar61 on Mon May 14, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling lol)

View user profile

8 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Cupcake

Private
Private
Just Emailed S-T-T-S ,to see what i have to do to get this upgrade as the gun is only 6 days old lol

that was quick talk about customer service Laughing
"Dear Ray,

Good afternoon and thank you for your email.

Simply return the guns to JD Airsoft and they will complete the upgrade for you.

Thank you for your purchase of the CTW weapons system.

Stand Fast....... Fight Hard

Allister.
Allister Barker
Director"

Last edited by Cupcake on Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding info)

View user profile

9 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 pm

MrCK

Admin
Admin
Yeah, STTS are working very hard on their customer service, with these upgrades etc.

10 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 pm

tsv2tuff

Private
Private

did i hear something somewhere about a hop upgrade as well as the new gear?

View user profile

11 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 am

Sunray

Major
Major
There's no pleasing some people Laughing

From what I have 'heard', there is a new hop unit which will be included in a future production which is just a UK made better version of the CTW / PTW style one - it wont be offered as another freebie it will just be another upgrade of the UK spec CTW's as standard (like the strengthened air nozzle).

HOWEVER I have hears that there is a prototype of a new Hop unit design being developed in conjunction with JD airsoft in Cannock as an aftermarket purchase which aims to give 200ft + range!!!!! It apparently will be available in the summer if it can be perfected.

Gotta get me one of them..... CTW owners will be able to out shoot snipers!!!!!

cheers

View user profile

12 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am

tsv2tuff

Private
Private
very much looking forward to that Smile

View user profile

13 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 am

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal
I like the sound of that new hop Sunray Twisted Evil

View user profile

14 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Cupcake

Private
Private
Improvements are always welcome Laughing

View user profile

15 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 4:02 pm

MrCK

Admin
Admin
I've seen a few photo's of these new hops, they are very nice indeed, I don't know about 200ft though...

16 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm

MDodd

Private
Private
Well 200+ feet is 61 meters (as 200 feet is 60.96 Very Happy )

A .3 will reach 52 meters on a blue spring , with good accuracy, before it starts to drop , and it will reach 62 meters with man size accuracy if you take account of the drop - all on standard barrel and hop rubber - not a standard hop sleeve or operation tho :-)

Test conducted in still air and measured with a measuring wheel

View user profile

17 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 12:46 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
i hear tackleberry most famous for his hop up mod and motor mod is currently producing the super hop. one of his moderator has been testing the prototype

View user profile

18 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 am

Joe90

Sargeant
Sargeant
Thereptilehouse, I want to see if i can fit an r-hop to mine in time, ill see what i can do.

View user profile

19 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 am

MDodd

Private
Private
The hop that JD have is not a tackleberry super hop.

Joe90 , you can create a pseudo r hop(obviously the r hop kit wont work as its intended for aeg barrels and the normal aeg rubber) quite easily, but you need very fine control, as the sensitivity of the elongated patch is very high(unless you spend ages filing the hop rubber to be perfect,and then it changes with each bb weight)

View user profile

20 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 4:25 am

happyal

Private
Private
If you wanted to fit a R-Hop the easiest thing to do is to mod the hopup unit to take standard AEG barrels.

I'll be interested in any hop devolopments, I've seen what Tach has posted so far, but he's not giving much away as to what's happening behind the hop adjustment, but maybe that's all his new hop is, a much better way to adjust it?

I'll stay tuned for JD Airsoft version Smile

View user profile

21 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 am

MrCK

Admin
Admin
Welcome Marcus, I suppose thinking of it in meters, as I'm a metric man, 61M isn't too much of a stretch, but i'm not getting that much accuracy from mine at 30M at the moment...

22 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 am

MDodd

Private
Private
Happyal,

Fitting an aeg barrel presents a few more problems than just getting the barrel to fit and seal with the aeg hop rubber and seal, the operation of the hop is one, as it has to be operated from the top etc, etc it can be done but then you need a barrel (outside diameter is different etc) and a way of operating it - The hop that JD have uses everything out of your CTW but (Hop,Barrel) but the rest is, well different!

Below is definitely a vers 1 PROTOTYPE of a CTW using a aeg barrel etc, and is nothing like the JD one, but it works ok , but , what with barrels, hop rubbers etc, it just makes it more expensive and the results from the JD hop seemed more stable.

View user profile

23 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 am

tsv2tuff

Private
Private
regarding the upgrade sun gear how does it work.. i sent of my warranty card for my team alpha off . do i get a email or something offering me to send it off to be done or do i need to contact jd and arrange it with them?

View user profile

24 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 21, 2012 6:43 am

Sunray

Major
Major
Simply return the gun to where you purchased it from and they will do the work.

They have the gears in stock - you will probably have to leave it with them for a few days but its all gravy!!!!

cheers

View user profile

25 Re: Free Upgrade from S-T-T-S in the UK on Mon May 21, 2012 8:20 am

Cupcake

Private
Private
I was informed yesterday that JD are awaiting Sun gears early this week Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum