forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

New CTW is double feeding every 5th shot

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New CTW is double feeding every 5th shot on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
Bit baffled on this one so thought I'd throw this out for some help.

A mate of mine has just purchased a new CTW MX-2 and when in either single or fully auto it will double feed approx. every 5th BB.

I have replaced the O ring in the piston head ( the yellow one), checked that cylinder head is screwed on tightly, ensured the nozzle is tight but still doing it. I have tried several mags that work fine with the other team CTWs so I know its not mags - anybody any ideas??....

It must be the hop unit, but stripped it down and rebuolt it but cant see any issues.....

Said it was a baffler - thanks is adance fellow CTW gods confused

View user profile

2 Re: New CTW is double feeding every 5th shot on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant
I assume that the double feed its not in fact a chopped bb? Just to be sure..

You can try changing the upper and lower (not at the same time) - just to narrow it down to half a gun..

Does it backspin on single?

If you fire on single with only the lower, does the sector gear stop in the same position?

View user profile

3 Re: New CTW is double feeding every 5th shot on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am

Sunray

Major
Major
I think its a hop issue as I tried the new lower on an older gun and it was fine.

I also tried the cylinder from the 'problem' gun in an old gun and it was fine.

I think I've cured it by smoothing the inside of the hop unit with a dremmel, but I have another new one which is also doing the same thing - perhaps some flaws in the castings????.

I think I'll investigate into getting a better hop unit made that compliments the new nozzles from the UK as then the CTW will be an awesome pice of kit.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum