Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to buy with a CTW

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What to buy with a CTW on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello, I am a new user to these forums and have been debating purchasing a CTW for a while. I created this post to share what accessories I would be using with the gun and what other users would recommend getting. So, I plan on getting a CTW MX2 and running the 350 fps cylinder. As far as batteries go, I would use a 7.4 2200 mah 25c LiPo battery, along with possibly deans connectors.
Please let me know if there is anything that you would or would not recommend getting with the CTW to optimize performance and so that I don't end up spending more money than needed.

Thank you all very much

View user profile

2 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
If your buying in the UK - dont change to deans connectors as it will invalidate the warranty you get from the distributor (S-T-T-S).

If your buying outside the UK definately purchase the S-T-T-S upgraded nozzle - available from Badger Tac in Oxfordshire and JD Airsoft in Cannock who both do International mail order, it comes fitted as standard to UK supplied weapons - made from weapons grade stainless steel and FAR BETTER than the standard one as wont break!!!

Dont forget the spare mags, and the battery I would suggest an 11.1V 1200 MAH 20C (about £20 for a Firefox here in GB).

Last item - a spray can of silicone as you need to keep the mags lubed and a bit on the air nozzle and hop rubber also helps.

cheers

View user profile

3 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
does stts have a website?

View user profile

4 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant
S.T.T.S.

View user profile

5 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 am

Sunray

Major
Major
I spoke to the importers the other day and their website isn't finished yet, but should be finalised by the end of the month.

It is there as pointed to by Gycu, but there are a few pages that arent finished yet - you can email them at info@s-t-t-s.co.uk if you need to.

There appointed re-sellers page does work and it does show you who sells the genuine UK imports with the 12 month warranty. cheers

View user profile

6 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
i went to the website and saw a celcius ctw for 649.99 GBP which is equivalent to 1024 USD why is it so expensive? they are selling it for more than it is worth

View user profile

7 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 am

Sunray

Major
Major
The common price in the UK for the MX-2 was £650 before S-T-T-S got the distributorship last year - FireSupport and Zero One used to sell them.

S-T-T-S now fit a new custom made stainless steel nozzle and a new M90 spring to ensure they work out of the box combined with a UK backed warranty for 12 months - peace of mind in my opinion as the CTW (and PTW to be fair) can occasionaly have a few niggles Very Happy

In S-T-T-S defence, they havent changed the original price even with these extra bits fitted and the warranty that they supply at a cost to themselves, and the price from Celcius for the CTW was increased by 10% in January and they still charge the original price point as set by the original shops......

You could always get one from the Polish distributor for 650 Euros (approx £590) with no warranty or upgraded nozzle - and it will be firing at more than 378FPS out of the box which would make it illegal here in the UK and would probably be destroyed by customs if discovered, so on reflection £649 is not a bad price.

The other alternative we have in the UK is a PTW which is distributed through Red Wolf from Hong Kong as they have an office here in the UK and there RRP is £1,495!!!!!! so a CTW is still less than half the cost of a PTW in Ol' Blighty cheers

View user profile

8 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:54 pm

JungleJim

Private
Private
You can get a CTW into the UK providing you have a defence for VCRA purposes for approximately £450 (including customs charges, shipping etc) if you order direct from HK/China region.

The nozzle can be bought extra. And the warranty could be void as soon as you remove the useless Tamyia connector...

So that's a 50% mark up on the retail price if you buy one in the UK.

If you are getting one, then I would buy:

Mag's (6 gives you a good amount for most sites running sensible ammo limits)
Couple of decent batteries. (Make sure they are 20 -> 25C rating if using lipoly)
Optics. Grab a decent red dot/eotech/acog replica
Gun bag/case.

View user profile

9 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:21 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant
JungleJim wrote:The nozzle can be bought extra. And the warranty could be void as soon as you remove the useless Tamyia connector...

So that's a 50% mark up on the retail price if you buy one in the UK.
After MY experiences with the ctw, I would pay double the price, if I have to, just to get the warranty; of course, if you're lucky, MAYBE you won't have problems, but if you're not lucky, as was I, you would pay more on the spare parts, repairs and mods to get your gun to work..

cheers!

View user profile

10 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 am

Sunray

Major
Major
I second that by Gycu - Since I've owned my 2 CTW's I've had to replace 1 x Motor at £100'ish and 1 x MOSFET board at £90.00 = extra for the warranty!!!! bit of a no brainer in my eyes but some people think its wiser to 'grey' import to save a few quid and help jepodise the airsoft industry in their home country.

Not too bright that one is it........ and if you have to return it as its a complete lemon; postage to asia via TNT as they are the only courier who will do it - £75!!!!

cheers

View user profile

11 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:03 am

JungleJim

Private
Private
Sunray wrote:I second that by Gycu - Since I've owned my 2 CTW's I've had to replace 1 x Motor at £100'ish and 1 x MOSFET board at £90.00 = extra for the warranty!!!! bit of a no brainer in my eyes but some people think its wiser to 'grey' import to save a few quid and help jepodise the airsoft industry in their home country.

Not too bright that one is it........ and if you have to return it as its a complete lemon; postage to asia via TNT as they are the only courier who will do it - £75!!!!

cheers

Even with importing it, and having a few issues it still does not justify the 50% mark up on retail price. The retailers are still getting those rifles at trade prices.

Your examples there just show you have paid £200 extra per rifle and received £190 worth of parts under warranty... So if that was my case I am still £210 better off. Also that warranty runs out after 6 months possibly 12... so if anything happens after that you are SOL anyway.

Please explain how it jeopardises the Airsoft industry in the UK? Pricing at the moment puts the CTW out of the reach of standard AEG buying community. £650 plus different magazine costs is still too much for what you are buying. If the real costs plus a sensible mark up where used then they would be more affordable, more people would buy them, more parts would be needed over time, and larger player base, more recommendations, more money for repairs outside of warranty, the list goes on.

And I did have issues with one of the CTW's I imported. I'm still well below the £650 UK price having had it repaired.

View user profile

12 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:47 am

Sunray

Major
Major
Simple - you all 'grey' import, shops in the UK make less sales as your bringing it in from aborad, shop profits go down but shops overheads stay the same, shops close down as not enough profit to pay the standard bills - rent, rates, electric bills etc. This is not just a Celcius issue but ALL airsoft products -in fact its for any retail enviroment.

I dont know where you are in the world, but near me my high street is 40% closed as business's have gone as they cant compete with the 'online' culture.

The Warranty on a Celcius via the distributor is 12 months, and its backed with parts in the UK. It's still less than half the cost of a Systema and its for the MX-2 and not the cheaper MX-2R which is made from recycled metals. Shops have to make a profit - its how the world goes round.

View user profile

13 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 am

JungleJim

Private
Private
Sunray wrote:Simple - you all 'grey' import, shops in the UK make less sales as your bringing it in from aborad, shop profits go down but shops overheads stay the same, shops close down as not enough profit to pay the standard bills - rent, rates, electric bills etc. This is not just a Celcius issue but ALL airsoft products -in fact its for any retail enviroment.

If the price difference was not so big then people wouldn't want to waste time importing. Just look at the people on here asking why the hell we are paying so much for the *same* product. The nozzle and the warranty do not cut a £200 price difference. One has to question why shops in the USA are able to sell these rifles on at similar prices to HK/China and yet our local prices are higher? Why is the term Rip Off Britain so common!

I dont know where you are in the world, but near me my high street is 40% closed as business's have gone as they cant compete with the 'online' culture.

I'm not to far from you. I think shops in the UK are finally loosing the monopoly status they once held and so are now getting healthy price competition and have to distinguish themselves from the others. Excellent service, good quality repairs, a walk in service, fast delivery are all things I would and have paid for in the past, but a 50% mark up makes me stop and think. Selling more for slightly less is far better than a couple for a higher price because you are seeding the parts and repairs market.

The Warranty on a Celcius via the distributor is 12 months, and its backed with parts in the UK. It's still less than half the cost of a Systema and its for the MX-2 and not the cheaper MX-2R which is made from recycled metals. Shops have to make a profit - its how the world goes round.

And that's great, but surely the shops also repair CTWs outside warranty... which they get more money for than a warranty job.

Shops do have to make a profit, but the world will be better off if the profit is not based on excessive mark up.

View user profile

14 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
A fair argument - I believe that the importer are just covering their backs as we all know how bad the Celcius MX-1 and the X-Max versions were, and to offer a 12 month warranty on this previous record I would imagine is a very big gamble - I would imagine that if the warranty claims aren't as bad as they are probably expecting then they may drop the price accordingly.

In response to your comment about the States - you dont get any warranty in the US and its not a law that you have to offer a minimum of 30 days as you do here in the UK / EU so they can sell it on the fact that if something goes wrong, its a cost to put right. Some US shops do offer a warranty - Airsplat is 30 days for example but its still not 12 months!!!

I would imagine that STTS will be looking to address the price if they can as they appear to be very dedicated to pushing the CTW in the aftermath of Systema's price increase so we'll just have to watch this space. cheers

View user profile

15 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 pm

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant
Sunray wrote:In response to your comment about the States - you dont get any warranty in the US and its not a law that you have to offer a minimum of 30 days as you do here in the UK / EU so they can sell it on the fact that if something goes wrong, its a cost to put right.!!!
It's exactly what happened to me. I purchased my ctw from us, and when I had problem after problem and complained to them, all they did was sending my complains/mail to Celcius and I dont have to tell you what good that did Smile

And another thing: don't make your calculation using Sunray's investments in the ctws (to repair them), because trust me when I say, they can get much much worse.. Smile

View user profile

16 Re: What to buy with a CTW on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal
Hi, I'm new to the forum & to my 2 Celcius MX2's (M4 & CQB). All i can say is yes they've had a few issues, but BadgerTac & S-T-T-S have bent over backwards to sort them out, with great success.
The 12 month warrenty is worth a fortune to me. Very Happy

P.s. Just thought I'd better add before someone jumps on me, I don't work for BadgerTac OR S-T-T-S. I just speak as i find & if i get good service I'm more than happy to tell people Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum