forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking to get a new CTW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Looking to get a new CTW on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Bagpuss

Recruit
Recruit
I guess is may open a whole can of worms for replies but...
I'm looking at buying a new CTW (I can't justify the price of. PTW for the amount it will get used).
When looking at one what should I be looking at in terms of obviously wrong, e.g. are the reformation barrels still comming put bent or was it just early ones?
I guess at least the 12 month warranty will help and cover for the inevitable motor failures, but when doing an initial inspection before handing over the money, is there anythng common comming out the factory bad?

View user profile

2 Re: Looking to get a new CTW on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
The MX-2 is pretty much good to go, and all the common faults such as the bent barrels etc were on the early MX-1 models.

As you mentioned a 12 month warranty, I assume your in the UK, and I believe that all guns sold in the UK that are supplied via the UK distributor (a company called S-T-T-S I believe) are fitted with a new nozzle, M90 spring and checked before dispatch to their outlets.

Its not failsafe, with any product (cars, TV's, stereo's, even clothes AND Systema Super PTW's) you may get one with a slight 'glitch' as they are full of working parts and sometimes with use minor issues may arise, but as far as I can see with the feedback on the forums they (importer) try to resolve it as soon as they can as all the parts are held in UK stock so that your not without your weapon for too long (Systema PTW parts sometimes have to be ordered in and I have a friend that waited 13 weeks for a replacement part for his PTW).

Hope that helps.

View user profile

3 Re: Looking to get a new CTW on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Bagpuss

Recruit
Recruit
Thanks. Interesting that they come with new new nozzle now.
One thing I've noticed on various new tube videos is that although the sector gear returns to "home" on semi ( i,e. completes s cycle) ,but it doesn 't on full auto. I thought ptws always complete the cycle ( im sure there are you tubevids pf this) and i'm supprised at this. Is it true that they only return to home only on semi or is it just a demo of what a dirty sensor / sight results in?
I've not seen a youtube vid of full auto that says otherwise.

Ah just noriced my loc missing on profile, yep Im uk based.

Last edited by Bagpuss on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot abput my location)

View user profile

4 Re: Looking to get a new CTW on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:20 am

Sunray

Major
Major
The big misunderstanding between the CTW and PTW is that the CTW is a PTW clone.

Right and Wrong - it is based on a very similar system, but their are slight differences between the 2 (usualy in the programnming of the electrics), hence the timing differences between gearboxes.

If you want an Systema PTW - you buy a PTW, if you want a weapon that is 97% as good as a PTW but is less than HALF THE COST of a PTW you buy a CTW. Simples!!!! Very Happy

Yes there may be the occasional 'hick up' with a CTW - not all but some BUT YOU ALSO GET THESE ON PTW's - PTW's are not perfect and they do go wrong as well (why are they now on version 3 with an upgrade kit also available if they were flawless? / Why does Tackleberry make a very good living from repairing them if they are perfect? - see the point?????).

For £649 in the UK with a warranty, its a no brainer as a PTW is now £1450 if you can find a retailer with one in stock!!

The new nozzle is a UK thing only - the distributor apparantly found this to be a week point on some prototypes that they trialed before supplying to the UK, so that had their own spec one made to rule out the problems linked to snapped nozzles.

The other option - buy a CTW for £649, buy a Systema PTW upgrade kit with new motor, electric upgrades etc for £295, fit them all together and you've a PTW in a CTW body for £945 and save £400!!! cheers

View user profile

5 Re: Looking to get a new CTW on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:28 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant
I stand that ptws are the best way out in from of a celcius if you dont have ptw money to with a celcius. It's good that. Now they come with a warranty as when I and all my friends bought them there were no warranties and we had to fix numerous things multiple times. The guns big differences are that the ptw might get a little more range and a faster trigger response time as well as the quality. But it is a clone and if you get one that's good and has no problems it's a great gun plus the point that it's cheap. As for the tac comment not 100 percent tru he doesn't make all his money off of fixing them motors yes but he provides upgrades to a gun that really didn't need it to make them even better.

View user profile

6 Re: Looking to get a new CTW on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Bagpuss

Recruit
Recruit
Thanks guys, I'm still a little torn between. ctw and ptw challenge kit. Yep I know PTWs crap out ( even the motor service guide says the brushes wear to 50% after approx 7k rounds) and coupled with the sck not having a useful warranty means the ctw is an even better prospect.

What I was thinking on the CTW was that on both semi and full it would always return to home, not just semi. If it was me Id think that may be a firmware bug / missing bit of fuctionality that could be fixed with very little effort ( if only there was a port in the ecu for downloading new s/w) Smile

Trying a mx2 ctw and a ptw side by side, trigger response was very similar, the ptw sounded a little more silky smooth and was very slightly faster response, but given I use a recoil shock ( where you can gave a cuppa between pulling the trigger and the round comming out) its not significant for me.

I guess what will make the descusion for me is the post of this month's mot and if it requires additional work Smile I was half way there but then car insurance shafted me.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum