forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fps on m90

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fps on m90 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 pm

jkerry2782

Recruit
Recruit
Hi what fps are you guys getting on the m90 spring and the m110 spring?

Also ca you cut down the springs like in a normal aeg

View user profile

2 Re: Fps on m90 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:30 am

My FPS

M110 - 385
M90 - 305

FPS will vary based on your stock cap packing, this is the cap on the stock tube you see when the upper is open. If you take it off there will be a series of silver rings/washers - there should be enough of these so that when you have pins out of the lower you have to give the upper a good slap! to get it open again.

From what I have seen a lot of CTW's dont have the right amount of packing in place. The Systema washers will fit (same dimensions) another cheap fix is to replace them all with a 1 mm rubber washer and just play around with adding/removing washers to get it right. A quick field fix (not to be used for any length of time!) is to unsrew the base of the cylinder slightly (to make it longer).

As for cutting springs - yes absolutley possible but not really recommended - the lack of a "clean" end prehibits the spring from rotating cleanly (hence bearling spring guides)and can cause torsion issues on the spring.

You can also get spring packing (metal tubes to put additional compression on the spring) that will increase the FPS. A friend is using a piece of plastic in his m90 cylinder (systema PTW - same concept) with no ill effects however I cannot personally testify as I have not used them. Powair6 airsoft (France based CTW/PTW company) sells them if your interested.

Hope that helps! Wink

View user profile http://www.reconsix.co.uk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum