forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

why is this forum so dead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 why is this forum so dead? on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:38 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
it seems someone posts a new thread or makes a post every few weeks. is there a more popular celcius ctw fourm?

View user profile

2 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 am

Sunray

Major
Major
I agree but I cant find one - I think its due to the fact that CTW owners just get on with it, wheras PTW owners like to discuss the finer things in life that are complete poppy codswollop (and stick their chests out with the attitude of 'Ive got a PTW and I'm better than you'.

View user profile

3 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

jkerry2782

Recruit
Recruit
hi i have just brought one and my mate has, we are well impressed and we will get more members as it grows

View user profile

4 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
Welcome to the CTW clan, a wise choice for the personal armoury - prepare to dish the pain to your fellow combatents!!! - where in the world are you?

Stand fast and fight hard!

View user profile

5 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

jkerry2782

Recruit
Recruit
Norfolk mate and my mate is Norfolk as well. Combat action games is our home. Just ordered a cqbr top for mind

View user profile

6 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:09 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant
i completely disagree with sunray although ptw owners do discuss everything about the ptw it is a good thing because there are multiple people to talk to when you have a problem and everyone knows there stuff. I fell as though this forum is so dead because the fact that there has been so much negative surrounding the ctw and people have givin up. Also i would like to say the ctw following is nowhere near the following of the ctw. I owned a ctw at one point and had problem after problem and could not really get help here, so i got rid of it and now own a ptw looking into a 2nd ptw. The nice thing on the ptw forum with all the people is that if i have a problem i post it and have 10 answers withing 24hrs.

View user profile

7 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Sunray

Major
Major
Point taken - perhaps you should have another look at the CTW, the version MX-2 is greatly improved over the MX-1, and yes it is only 97% as good as a PTW, but in the UK its only half the cost - £649 for a CTW with 12 month warranty wheras a PTW is £1495 with 3 months warranty.

Maybe worth a second look, as with time everything gets better - Systema PTW's were the same. I owned one of the very first models launched to the market and it too had problems, wheras now some 4 years later they seam to have perfected it - CTW are going the same way but through the hard work of Systema with their PTW, it should take Celcius half the time as the hard work has mostly been done.

Have another look - you may like what you see Wink

View user profile

8 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 pm

I have a PTW and a CTW (and a GBBR for when it rains havily! Very Happy) I have to say I love them both.

The CTW has some great features and I agree with Sunray it is around 90% of Systema, for example does you Systema tell you when its battery is running low? - A very important feature these days if you want to run LiPos on a very balanced electrical system!

I also maintain, service and modify CTWs for a number of people and regularly see them with happy grins! (especially with the extra cash in thier pocket!)

The PTW is the bees knees and great in all respects however because of its status a lot of elements come with a "systema tax" - its like owning a supercar you end up paying silly prices for services and parts - not everyine can afford that and much like the supercar owners clubs theres alot of snobbery, BS and ass kissing that knocks around some forums.

Although its only a small user base here and your absolutely right post are too infrequent, I do appreciate the honesty of the users.

View user profile http://www.reconsix.co.uk

9 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
should i upgrade my ctw like ecu, mosfet, and inner barrel or sell the gun and buy a second hand ptw

View user profile

10 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:36 am

jkerry2782

Recruit
Recruit
It is great to see people on the forum, hope we can build a community, getting use to my ctw at the minute and the little things they do like the noises it makes and. the odd smell it makes.

View user profile

11 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 am

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant
i did have the mx-2 version thatws why i am saying i know about 8 people who have had them plus talked to many other people who have had them and had nothing but problems i get you can say about 90 of a ptw yes because it is there but the quality isnt. I want that quality i thought i was getting a great gun that wouldnt break and wouldnt have all these problems. My team and i all had them besides 1 sniper and 1 with a ptw and 1 had his with no problems for over a year. Everyone went through at least 1 motor some more, air nozzles, pistons, i went through ecu and mosfet and gear box as well. The problem that they break to easily isnt worth it for me to even have as a back up. I bought mine for 600 U.S. brand new and put over 600 into it so i had it for 8 months was only able to play with it 5 times. I sold it got my ptw and love it i put it miles ahead of a ctw just for the simple fact of the quality of the gun and parts and the fact they dont break and have problems as frequent but they do have there problems.

this being said i do like the ctw and the idea if you get the 1 in ever 4 that works. I know many people and have talked with a local shop and the amount of them that came back with problems was 3 out of 4 wich is no good.

View user profile

12 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm

SHWELL

Recruit
Recruit
I joined a few weeks ago, and thought the same thing. Awfully slow around here.. But I guess a platform like this doesnt have much new going on daily.

I will be contributing as I get to know this platform better.

View user profile

13 Re: why is this forum so dead? on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:31 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant
a few weeks? more like a few months ago lol

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum